Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Working with DIGG Support

It is the beginning of week 2 of my banning and I am still trying to work things out with DIGG support. If you need to catch up on thing, see this post from last week.

DIGG Support did not reply to my email on the 6th. However, to keep things going on my end, I did some changes to my machine and informed DIGG Support of those changes and made my case again for having my account reactivated. Here is the latest email to DIGG Support

Hello DIGG Support,

I have made some major changes to my machine in an attempt to stop whatever caused my account to show as a breaking of the DIGG/tos / using of scripts. Here is the before and after of my changes.

BEFORE
I had both Firefox 3.0.3 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 installed. I mainly used Firefox 3.1 Beta 2.
My add-ons and there status included:
- Adblock Plus 1.0.1
- BugMeNot 2.1
- ColorfulTabs 3.9
- Digg Firefox Extension 0.6.4
- Forecastfox 0.9.8
- Greasemonkey 0.8.20080609.0 - With just GooglemonkeyR installed
- IE Tab 1.5.20090207
- Java Quick Starter 1.0
- Locationbar2 1.0.3
- Stop-or-Reload Button 0.2.2
- Ubiquity 0.1.5
- Nightly Tester Tools 2.0.2
- Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3
- FireFTP 1.0.3 – disabled
- Firebug 1.2.1 – disabled
- ScribeFire 3.1.6 – disabled
- Open in Google Docs 1.0 – disabled
- RUWT? Sports Toolbar 1.9 – disabled
- Split Browser 0.5.2008112201 – disabled
- United States English Dictionary 3.0.3 – disabled
- Yapta 1.3.0.13 - disabled
Plus multiple ABOUT:CONFIG tweaks that were to help with browser speed.

AFTER
I completely uninstalled both browsers so that a clean install can be done. My set up is now as follows.
Only Installed Firefox 3.1 Beta 2
My add-ons and there status included:
- Adblock Plus 1.0.1
- BugMeNot 2.1
- ColorfulTabs 3.9
- Forecastfox 0.9.8
- Greasemonkey 0.8.20080609.0 - With just GooglemonkeyR installed
- IE Tab 1.5.20090207
- Locationbar2 1.0.3
- Smart Stop/Reload 1.2 (Formerly Stop-or-Reload Button 0.2.2)
- Ubiquity 0.1.5
- Digg Firefox Extension 0.6.4 – disabled
- FireFTP 1.0.3 – disabled
- Java Quick Starter 1.0 – disabled
- Firebug 1.2.1 – disabled
- Password Exporter 1.1 – disabled
- ScribeFire Blog Editor 3.2 (Formerly ScribeFire 3.1.6) – disabled
Lastly, there are no ABOUT:CONFIG tweaks.

I believe these changes are substantial enough to stop whatever was causing the breaking of the DIGG/tos. Please reactivate my account ( BadgerDigger ) and monitor it to see if these change do indeed correct the issue. I will also be able to report if this corrects the other issues that I reported.

Thank You,
Hopefully I will get a reply back from them today.

UPDATE 1:

No reply from DIGG Support yesterday. However, in the spirit of not giving up, I emailed the following to them.
Hello DIGG Support,

Just a bit of an update.

The changes I made in my previous email has helped with the issue of not always seeing replies on comments. It seams like the problem only happens half as often as before. Also, since doing the clean install, I have also noticed that DIGG page loads are happening more efficiently. On my end, things are running better. On your end, have you considered my suggesting of reactivating my account BadgerDigger to see if the changes I made stopped whatever was causing the breaking of the DIGG/tos? My initial results look promising and I hope are worthy of another chance.

Thanks,
Hopefully they will be more responsive today. I'm not holding my breath.

On a side note, doing a clean install of Firefox has done wonders for my whole browsing experience. Everything feels like it is working better. I would say that if you are like me and try out a lot of add-ons and then uninstall them, a good house cleaning will do wonders.

UPDATE 2:

No word from DIGG Support. With quality of service like this, no wonder they are not making a profit and the sale to Google or anyone else never materialized.

This is today's email to DIGG Support:
Hello DIGG support,

I have not received a reply from either of my two previous emails. Yes, I understand that I was banned because of a breaking of the DIGG/tos, but I still believe that there was something in my browser that was causing it and not something done deliberately by me. Please review the changes that I have made with my browser to see if it qualifies as enough done to give my account BadgerDigger a second try.

Thanks,
If DIGG Support replies, I think I would have to go and get a lottery ticket since it would be my lucky day.

UPDATE 3:

The quality of service from DIGG Support started out OK and has gone down hill from there. Sort of like Obama's approval rating or the rating for passing the current pork filled stimulus package. Maybe I'll email them again next week some time. In the mean time, life is grand under a different account.

Updates as they come in. Most likely next week unless someone at DIGG Support decides to do the respectable thing and reply.

0 comments:

*Notice

IMPORTANT NOTE: This site is not in anyway officially affiliated with the Digg website (www.digg.com). We are simply digg fans and users bringing you conservative news posted on the site.

 
©  free template by Blogspot tutorial